What are your strengths as a real estate agent? Are you:
- Expert, knowledgeable, smart savvy?
- Professional, thorough, polished?
- Personable, engaging, friendly?
- Fun, expressive?
- Insightful, thoughtful, considerate?
- Loyal, hard working, trustworthy?
- Creative, innovative, unconventional?
- Caring, compassionate, accepting?
Think of what makes you great at what you do. If you’ve already worked out your Unique Value Proposition or your Unique Selling Point or your Elevator Pitch or your Personal Branding . . . then these strengths will come quickly to mind for you.
Notice you have probably included some descriptors about:
- your abilities and qualities working with people
- your abilities and qualities working on tasks
Here is the real purpose of having your profile photo out there – to support your personal brand. Your photo should communicate the same messages and the same strengths. When your branding messages and your headshot communicate the same qualities, that lends you credibility. If you’re credible, you’re believable; trustworthy.
Do you want to look confident? Of course! People are forming an impression of you based on your photo. If you are judged as confident, you will also be perceived as competent.
This is where traditional portraits fail. They look stiff, awkward and artificial because the photographer is posing your body and directing your face. They’re directing you to fake it and pretend to be someone else. Faking it doesn’t work! We can all judge forced vs. authentic expressions in seconds!
Confidence is being happy, proud and open about being yourself (the polar opposite of faking it!).
My most important job as a professional headshot photographer (and my chief talent) is coaching you to make it simple for you to be yourself and show your real strengths. You can only be confident in your headshots by showing your real character . . . and people naturally connect with that in a photo. It makes you memorable.
How Does a Headshot Session Work?
- We plan out what you should wear and cover makeup (for women) and styling advice. We decide what qualities you want to present and discuss how to do that in a natural, authentic way.
- I coach you for natural expressiveness and relaxed, confident body language.
- I use magazine cover lighting for attractive eyes and skin. It has the benefit of good sculpting and depth without dramatic or moody shadows. It can remove years of texture from your skin. Visually, it helps present a clean, fresh, modern, professional feel.
- I spend extra time with you getting a variety of headshots. I’ve noticed with a lot of clients that our results improve by spending more time and capturing more photos. My aim is to produce the best headshot we can of you. If 50% more effort can produce a 20% better result, it’s worth it! 20% better is enough to set you apart.
- I keep things relaxed and fun. We have a conversation as I capture headshots. This adds an engaging, conversational sense to your photos, making it easier for the viewer to connect with you.
- In the end, we get headshots of you that back up my marketing promises: natural, expressive, confident portraits that show your real personality and strengths.
Realtor Headshot Clients
Some of my past clients include: